About the Journal
Focus and Scope
ELCVIA is an international electronic journal on the theory and applications of Computer Vision and Image Analysis. In order to publish high quality papers, all received articles are thoroughly peer reviewed by a board of internationally recognized experts. As a consequence, after the last two years only 25% of the received articles has been finally accepted for publication.
ELCVIA has the following aims:
- To be a dynamic and fast means of communication.
- To take advantage of Internet’s multimedia capacity.
- To be a quality publication with peer-based revision.
- To have a free access to full-text papers.
The Journal includes internationally recognized experts in Computer Vision and Image Analysis in their Boards.
Download the full presentation
Download the flyer
Why an electronic journal free of paper constrictions?
ELCVIA is an electronic journal without paper restrictions, and allows authors to use all the Internet’s capabilities to publish their scientific research. The main services ELCVIA provides are:
- Attachment of multimedia files with the articles: videos, images, dynamic presentations, etc.
- Flexible size of articles and surveys.
- Faster ways to publish ideas without decreasing quality. Papers are published just at the time of acceptance.
ELCVIA’s web site also offers the following services:
- Search engine to make article tracking easier through keywords.
- Personalized e-mail to receive the articles of interest, specified by keywords, authors, affiliation, etc.
- Personalized mail to notify the publication of new issues.
Submission and Revision
a) Word and latex templates available from the ELCVIA website.
b) At least two reviewers for each article.
c) First reply to the author in about four to six months.
d) Once the article is accepted, the author may send one compressed file containing the following files:
- Latex or doc
- In latex case, all the figures
- Multimedia files
- Readme.txt explaining the contents of the compressed file.
The entire process of submissions and reviews is done via ELCVIA web-site.
Authors can send two types of contributions:
- SURVEY: A contribution by invitation of the Editors in Chief or Advisory Board editors, of 12-20 pages (recommended).
- ARTICLE: A regular contribution of 8-12 pages (recommended) supervised by an Editorial Board member and reviewed by several reviewers.
- SPECIAL ISSUE ARTICLE: A special contribution of 8-12 pages reviewed by the Invited Editor of the special issue and external reviewers, to be accepted for a special issue in one of the topics of the journal.
The different fields covered (but not limited to these) by the journal are:
- Computer Vision: Sensor systems; Features and Image Descriptors; Image Modelling; Scene Understanding; Active Vision; Motion, Tracking, Video Analysis; Object Description and Recognition; Robotics and Visual Navigation; 3D and Stereo.
- Pattern Recognition: Statistical Pattern Recognition; Syntactic/Structural Pattern Recognition; Machine Learning and Data Mining; Symbolic Learning; Feature Analysis; Classification and Clustering; Support Vector Machines and kernels; Invariances in Recognition; Image Analysis and Processing.
- Image and Video Processing: Coding and compression; Colour and Texture; Shape extraction and representation; Separation and Segmentation; Learning; Registration; Statistical and non linear methods.
- Multimodal Interaction and Multimedia: Multimedia analysis; Indexing, retrieval; Multimedia infrastructure; Augmented Reality; Document Analysis; Character and Text Recognition; Handwriting Recognition; Graphics and Drawings Recognition; Document Layout Analysis; Document Understanding.
- Document Analysis: Character and Text Recognition; Handwriting Recognition; Graphics and Drawings Recognition; Document Layout Analysis; Document Understanding.
- Biometrics: Biometric Technologies; Multi-modal biometrics; Gait analysis; Face and Gesture; Recognition of finger and other body parts.
- Medical Image Analysis: Multimodal imaging (MRI, NMR, PET,…); Medical Diagnosis; Image-guided surgery; Interaction and Visualization.
- Applications: Machine Vision; Video Surveillance; Cultural Heritage; Remote Sensing; Other applications.
ELCVIA will present each article as a PDF file, as well as the multimedia files (AVI, MPEG, GIF, etc) related to the article.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
ELCVIA is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 Unported License
Free access and Free publication journal
ELCVIA, Electronic Letters on Computer Vision and Image Analysis publishes in a full open access format with NO Article Publishing Charges (APCs) and no waivers are offered. There are NO Submission Charges for the authors nor for the reader. Articles published at ELCVIA are freely available to everybody. ELCVIA does not receive incomes from selling subscriptions to print or view online versions. ELCVIA is committed to keep this Free access and Free publication scheme under the support of the Computer Vision Center and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. A special thanks goes for the two institutions.